Using patient feedback and managing complaints in a positive way remains at the forefront of promoting and improving quality of services in a patient focused way for the NHS and also primary care. This training explains the obligations we all have when dealing with complaints and how we investigate them. Staff can then benefit from an understanding of the whole process which will give them skills to deal with complaints confidently even if they may not be involved in the whole process. The session also deals with managing comments on social media and understanding and dealing with conflict. Dealing with complaints and managing conflicts can be done as separate sessions if you would like to go into more detail, and we can tailor the complaints training depending on the level of staff attending.
- Understanding the legal and contractual obligations when dealing with complaints
- The causes of complaints and conflicts
- The principles of good complaint management
- The 5 Why's - getting to the root cause of the complaint
- Patient feedback and social media
- Definition of and dealing with a persistant or unreasonable complainant
- Dealing with conflict
Duration: 1.5 hours
Who should attend: Receptionists, Secretarial and Administrative staff, Reception Managers/Supervisors, Assistant Practice Managers, Practice Managers.