Presented by Sarah Newell, this training session looks at what we mean by equality, diversity, human rights and health inequalities.
The aim of this training is to encourage staff to think about the importance of valuing and managing diversity for the patients using the service and their responsibilities within their role, as well as being better able to understand promoting equality and diversity amongst their peers and colleagues. It encourages staff to consider how we can all be more inclusive to reduce the gap in health inequalities.
- What do we mean by equality and diversity?
- Our legal duties and responsibilities
- Human Rights and the rights of the patient
- The Equality Act
- Health inequalities
- Accessible Information Standards
- CQC requirements for staff
- Freedom to speak up (challenging discrimination, prejudice and unfairness)
Duration: 1 hour
Who should attend: Applicable for all members of the healthcare team (clinical and non-clinical).